Is there a good swimming pool forum somewhere?

Users who are viewing this thread

Joerg

Reaction score
Since a long time www.poolforum.com is closed to new members. Registration is disabled, so I guess it's out.

Does anyone know a good pool forum similar to this great plumbing forum?

Right now I need to know what to do with a pool that clouds up with algae after lots of wildfires, despite being kept super-high in chlorine. Well, at least we aren't coughing our lungs out anymore.

Regards, Joerg

Joerg

Reaction score
Well, it was me who started the thread in that newsgroup :D

However, it's a place where electronics guys hang out but pool pros wouldn't. Some folks have chemistry background, some own pools, but when it comes to an algae problem most of us just wing it. Worked all the time, but not this time.

Regards, Joerg

Brownizs

In the Trades
Reaction score
Because of the Organic Material, is why you are getting the Algae bloom. In the July/Aug 2008 issue, there is an article about a homeowner that had Black Algae. Only real way to stop the bloom, is to get rid of the problem.

Also, HTH has a online website at http://www.archchemicals.com/Fed/HTH

Joerg

Reaction score
Well, HTH wants to sell chemicals. Shocking once a week is brutal, nobody really does that around here. I would imagine it could wreck the equipment over time. But yeah, we got a lot of ash and stuff blown in since the wildfires started. Got to go in again tonight, brush towards the deep end and have the bottom return slurp up some more, then do the umpteenth backwash and DE re-pack. Maybe I'll have a brewsky during the backwash since on top of all this the bearing in out margarita mixer seized up. Dang.

Regards, Joerg.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks