Is there a 58 inch tub???? Is the contractor lying to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Chante

Reaction score
I called in a contractor to replace my tub because its broken. He said that he has to move my wall back 9 inches and break up my cement floor and move pipes etc... That does not sound right to me if my tub is really 58 inches why would he have to move it back so far. I know that the tub is not 58 because some of it is behind the dry wall just need a second voice to see if I should get a different contractor. Please Help.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Are you talking about installing another 60" tub? They're generally available in 6" increments starting at 54" and on up. While it is not uncommon to have to move some drain pipes, often, there's a 'box out' in the floor around the drain that can support moving things some without tearing out much of the floor. AN exception might be if the drain is in the middle and needs to be moved to the end, or vice-versa. But, 9", doesn't sound right without knowing more details.

Chante

Reaction score
Thanks I will get a new person to come look at it he was trying to charge me a lot of money to do that.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Tubs are sold by the rough-in measurement and a 60" tub is usually less than 60" stud to stud so it can fit into a 60" opening.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks