Is the Toto Drake II better than the Toto Drake?

Users who are viewing this thread

DanMcD

Reaction score
I have a Toto Drake II in my hall bath but I find it a little tall for my short legs.

So I was wodering if I get the shorter Toto Drake for my Master bath, will it perform as well as the Drake II?

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
I have a Toto Drake II in my hall bath but I find it a little tall for my short legs.

So I was wodering if I get the shorter Toto Drake for my Master bath, will it perform as well as the Drake II?

It's different. We have two Original Drakes. They don't have the swirling double-cyclone flush, so they have a little less bowl rinse. However, they have a good-sized water spot and the bowl rinse does cover the whole surface of the bowl. If you put pepper in the bowl, it all gets washed away. If there's a little sticky poo, not quite as much.

That said, they flush magnificently and are real workhorse toilets that we love. The G-Max flush that they have is a real winner, which probably explains why Toto is still making them and they are still in high demand. We also like how they look.

Toto now has an alternative tank available that looks different from the traditional Original Drake Tank. Its street price (i.e. what you can get it for) is probably in the range of $40-50 more than what you can find the traditional tank for.

The Original Drake model number (without the ADA height) is CST744S for the elongated 1.6gpf toilet and CST744E for the elongated 1.28gpf toilet.

To get the new tank, which is only available in 1.28gpf, you want CST744EN (I guess N is for New Tank). The bowl is exactly the same with both.

cst744en-s500e-terrylove-01.jpg

If what you want is a solid, good-performing toilet, the Original Drake is still an excellent choice!

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
TOTO does have a standard height CST744EG and CST744SG with CEFIONTECT.

Performace is pretty similar between Drake and Drake II.
The CEFIONTECT is a feature, and for some the height is a feature.

I have sold a ton of the standard TOTO Drake toilets though, and they keep coming back everytime they move and buy more.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks