Is the stinky smell by the bathroom from the septic tank?

Users who are viewing this thread

Reach4

Reaction score
Getting Rid-X tomorrow LOL
I don't think people would usually recommend Rid-X.

If I understand correctly, your septic was put into service about 2 years ago. Until you know how quickly things fill up, 2 years would be a good time to get the septic pumped. The septic guy can tell you how full it was, and can suggest how long to wait. The septic guy often will have some more info for you if he has been doing it for a while. Figure that you may have to make an appointment, because he may be booked up. He may or may not need you to be home. If you have a hose outlet, and since you have the outside cleanout, he might be able to do it while you are at work. I don't know how that works.

If you have a garbage disposal (or disposer if you prefer;)), or if you use a lot of toilet paper, things fill up sooner.

Expect to pay about $200 if the cleanout is pretty easy to find. Ask the neighbors who they recommend. Don't judge based on who has the biggest ads etc. Look at it this way: if you only really need pumping every 4 years, effectively you "wasted" $100. If you need it every 2 years and wait, that can cost many thousands.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks