Is stack legal?

Users who are viewing this thread

TonyBagadonutz

Electrician
Reaction score
I have "built" a stack for approval or "red sticker" from you good people.
Do you think this stack is "legal".
3435%3A%3C8%3B23232%7Ffp63%3Dot%3E2345%3D%3A88%3D666%3DXROQDF%3E23237%3C377%3C2%3A3ot1lsi

3435%3A%3C8%3B23232%7Ffp63%3Dot%3E2345%3D%3A88%3D666%3DXROQDF%3E23237%3C377%3C2%3A4ot1lsi

3435%3A%3C8%3B23232%7Ffp63%3Dot%3E2345%3D%3A88%3D666%3DXROQDF%3E23237%3C377%3C2%3A5ot1lsi

The "tee" that is labeled "Waste line to: toilet(this floor) will actually be turned to head in a more direct route to the closet bend - the most amount of bend will 1/8, possible 0. The toilet is about 20" (OC-to-OC) to this stack.

The "wye" that is below the toilet waste line, will have an 1/8 bend to bring it back parrellel to the stack as quickly as possible. Once it arrives in the floor joist cavity, it will make a 1/4 bend and head directly under the tub/shower to connect to the trap and vent line.

I may have to change the 4x4x2x2 TEE (venting in lower upper stack detail) to a 4x4x2 TEE so that I can keep the stack chase as narrow as possible - depth is not an issue.

(the heights of the various inlets/outlets is NOT an accurate portrayal..ie, all venting will be avove 42", tub and shower waste lines are directly ontop of each other, etc)
What do you think?

Thanks !

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
stack

What you have appears to be okay, but you realize that when you install the rest of the piping, you could still do something to qualify for a "red tag".

TonyBagadonutz

Electrician
Reaction score
hj said:
... you could still do something to qualify for a "red tag".

That's an understatement to say the least
:D

Before a drop of glue is applied, I will post a picture of it....I'd rather do it right and it take an extra day...then get it done in a day and then spend a day ripping it out, getting supplies, rebuilding etc. then another day (or two) of building and waiting for "approval".

I still may make some changes...but that depends on the guys at the supply house (No HD here!)...I asked for the double fixture fitting and they gave me that cross fitting that was flagged. I'll bring a pic of what i want and see if they can find it...if not there's another house about 2 miles away.
I have considered.....just stubbing everything through the floor and then make connections when I rehab lower floor...but, who wants a nice bath they can't even use? (I asked my wife, she asked not to be put on that list...LOL)

With any luck...I'll have an actual stack "in place" by Tuesday. This was all supposed to be done and in place LAST Friday :eek:
What can I say? Do it right or don't do it at all!

Thanks hj and have a nice weekend !

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks