Is Pegasus out of business?

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by princess_buttercup, Aug 13, 2006.

1. princess_buttercup

princess_buttercup New Member

Hi -
    I recently bought a Pegasus bathroom faucet from Home Depot. It's the 9000 Series, I believe, that is oil rubbed bronze. I am trying to find matching hardware and can't find it anywhere. Is Pegasus out of business? Their website doesn't exist. Is there a place that still sells Pegasus products or another manufacturer that is very similar?

Thanks!
    Princess_Buttercup
  2. Mikey

Mikey Aspiring Old Fart, EE, computer & networking geek

Maybe their Website is down. They were a highly-regarded brand, still sold by lots of Web retailers.
  3. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

Pegasus is not a company per se. It is a Home Depot proprietary brand label. Pegasus faucets are mostly made today by Globe Union Industrial, the same company who makes Danze, Gerber, and some other brands you may be familiar with. Made mostly in China, I belive some Pagasus were also made in Italy.

The best place to look for Pegasus Faucets and accessories is in the YOW special order catalog at a Home Depot Store.

Although this is a large company, there is a lesson here that when dealing with non-mainstream brands, you need to get everything all at once. It may not be available next week.
  4. sujax

sujax New Member

Question

I bought a Pegasus faucet for my Pegasus granite sink when we redid our counters Oct 2006. At first it was fine but as the year has gone by, the water pressure is noticably reduced. I know nothing about plumbing but am hoping that this is something that can be fixed.
  5. Basement_Lurker

Basement_Lurker One who lurks

Most likely the faucet aerator has become clogged over time, try unscrewing it and see what you find.
  6. sujax

sujax New Member

Thanks, that is the first thing I did when I first noticed the water pressure faltering. I have done it regularly since and there is never anything there. Any other suggestion?
  7. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

pegasus

You get the prize, because I did not think there was any way the words Pegasus and "highly regarded" could be used in a positive way in the same sentence.
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2008
  8. GrumpyPlumber

GrumpyPlumber Licensed Grump

Aaaaah Pegasus, the homeowners pyrite deluxe.
  9. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

Interesting that in the "about us" section of their website they talk about approval by the "International Association of Plumbing Manufacturer's Associations". I am not aware of that group. Looks like they were trying to refer to IAPMO, which of course stands for something slightly different. I guess that is what happens when you translate Chinese to English via the French Canadian Headquarters of Globe Union!
  10. hj

what's in a name

IAPMO, IAPMA, what's the difference. Do you want to buy an Omego watch, cheap?
  11. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

I got a Rolexx cheap from a guy in a back alley in Hong Kong, once!
  12. GrumpyPlumber

As a NAVET myself, I think we ought stop right there with the Hong Kong stories.

13. Hey I used to get gold chains down in cincinnati frum da hood at white castles!

Turnin' green B4 I got my 3rd slider down! DAMN!
  14. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

We could talk about Olongapo or Pattaya Beach, instead! How about the Island Girls Bar in Barrio Barretto?
  15. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

I've got some real nice Bolex watches for sale cheap!

Side note: Redwood can't stand listening to Navy guy's talking about a wild time at a Port o Call... Them poor squids cooped up on a boat "Hay is grey underway" for weeks or even months hitting the beach for some heavy drinking and "Womanizing":eek:

[​IMG]

We sometimes had to take a rough 18 hour plane ride then live at an exotic destination for months... It was fun to watch the grandma's getting dressed up to run down and meet the fleet. All that salt water made the sailors lose their taste buds!:D
  16. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

WHAT??? We just went over to visit the museums and the local churches!

By the way, "haze gray & underway" was for sissies. Nothing but "fast & black" for me!
  17. hj

Pegasus

Anyway, back to the original question. The Pegasus headquarters address is the same as Home Depot's so someone at a HD store should be able to give you an address and phone number.
  18. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

You're taking all our fun out!!!

Anyway,
    Piece of cake: l the phone number is printed on the outside of every glacier bay and pegasus box.
  19. GrumpyPlumber

I always sought the chess scene at every port.
  20. hj

fun

I know, but sometimes we need a reality check.