Is my venting adequate for what I have

Users who are viewing this thread

ngen33r

Reaction score
Your drawing show problems which may be actual or may just be a bad drawing. Every fixture vent take-off must be vertical until it is at least 6" above the fixture flood rim and no less than 42" above the floor of the highest fixture served by the vent.

It would be helpful for you and for us if you printed off some isometric graph paper and/or made legible isometric drawings. The pipe sizes, the types of fittings used, and their orientation are all important information.

I will make a 3d model of the setup, but how do I vent the shower in the basement floor . The vent can only run horizontal until it gets to the wall.

ngen33r

Reaction score
I gave up on the 3d model. It is way more effort than it is worth. My hand drawn iso is not much better than my other drawing, so I revised that. I removed all the bad examples from my previous posts and hopefully I am closer to a working design. I am not concerned with the upstairs portion. I need a proper working bathroom in the basement before I can even consider doing that.

I will try to dry assemble it and get some real pictures. I now understand why people don't pull permits and just DIY. This really is a pain to do the right way.
Attempt 2.jpg

The start of the 3D
Basement Plumbing.JPG

Last edited:

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
I will make a 3d model of the setup, but how do I vent the shower in the basement floor . The vent can only run horizontal until it gets to the wall.

You should spend some time reviewing your plumbing code. There, you will find the maximum allowed distance between the trap and the vent for each pipe size.

There are a lot of good pictures and information to be found by looking around this website. You can also download Bert Polk's PDF of common mistakes and photos of good plumbing here-
Helpful Plumbing Hints for Residential Construction by Bert Polk Plumbing Inspector Lincoln County

If you take your time and learn the methods required to do this right, you will be able to pass a proper plumbing inspection and the system will work properly throughout it's existence. Anything less is not worth doing at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks