Is my Guinivere cyclone fill valve broken?

Users who are viewing this thread

SusanD

Reaction score
I installed my Toto Guinivere about 18 months ago and absolutely love everything about it! I have had no problems until this last week when I noticed there was a delay after flushing of 3-4 seconds before the tank began to refill. I don't know anything about fill valves but this one acts like the incoming water is hung up somewhere before it comes out of the hose and begins to refill the tank. It also sprays water from the side of the valve. I don't know if the valve sprayed water before but I do know the refill action was instantaneous prior to now. We are in a very rural area and I don't think our water pressure is too high and neither does it seem logical that the valve on this great [and spendy] toilet needs to be replaced after only 18 months of use by 2 adults. Any ideas if this is fixable or might just be gunk somewhere? How would I determine that? And if I do have to replace this valve, which one should I purchase? Thanks for any help.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Depending on which refill valve you have, it is probably an easy fix, but you don't need to do anything as long as it still refills the tank.

If it is the one made by Korky (a blue cap with TOTO on it), that cap pops off and you can access the guts to try to clean parts, or if that doesn't work, replace the top seal. Lowes sells them for about $2.50. The instructions are on the package...takes a couple of minutes.

www.terrylove.com/korky

Last edited by a moderator:

SusanD

Reaction score
Thanks so much for the advice! The cap is indeed blue and I got it off and monkeyed around a bit. Don't know that I did anything in particular but it seems to work more normally now. I was so glad to read that it wasn't anything major. We are so remote that repairmen are fairly non-existent and I have found myself having to fix things I would never have dreamed......... so glad this wasn't one of them. Why, however, it is always much easier to get a cap off than it is to get it snapped back in place?? I'm not sure I got it on tight but it doesn't look like it is critical. Thanks again. This is a great forum.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
To tell the truth, that cap has been off on one of my toilets for at least a year...no big deal.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks