Is my bathtub plumbing correct? Venting/Drain setup

Users who are viewing this thread

JonathanR

Reaction score
Hello. I'm a plumbing newbie and I'm adding a bathtub where one didn't exist before and I want to make sure that I am plumbing the drain properly.

I have a 2" drain available to me directly below the tub and a 2" vent going straight up available on the back wall behind where the shower/tub faucet will be.

Is it okay for the tub drain and trap to be 1-1/2" and then go into a 2" vent/drain? Is it okay for the vent to be right after the trap like this? I don't have much space under the tub only because I'm digging through concrete and I don't have a jackhammer and the ol' sledge isn't so fast against this mostly-rock cement floor.

I've attached a picture of my mockup.
skfHStJ.jpg

JonathanR

Reaction score
I should also add that the 2" drain pipe under the tub is not used by anything else (it used to be for a stand-up shower which was removed) and it feeds into a 3" toilet drain which has its own vent.

JonathanR

Reaction score
Thanks! Yes, I did remove the shower's trap. Sorry for not being clear.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks