Is it safe to run chlorine water into acid neutralizer from well shock treatment?

Discussion in 'Water Softener Forum, problems, installation and r' started by rob742, May 21, 2013.

1. rob742

rob742 New Member

I am going to shock treat my well. I had the well pump replaced and my water is testing positive for coliform bacteria. I did not know if I should bypass the acid neutralizer or if it would be Ok to run it into the neutralizer?
  2. Tom Sawyer

Tom Sawyer In the Trades

You are going to want to treat the acid neutralizer along with the rest of the piping or you will still have coliform bacteria running through the system
  3. Gary Slusser

Gary Slusser That's all folks!

Running some chlorinated water into the AN filter to disinfect it and then by passing it yes, running all the shock water run throughout the house through an AN filter is really bad.