Is it ok to revent to cleanout for main waste stack?

Users who are viewing this thread

nj greenhouse

Reaction score
Is it acceptable to connect revents to a cleanout on the main stack (and adding an additional cleanout on top of that connection)?
I know you guys are super critical, thats why I like this forum.
Thanks
Dan

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I would need a sketch to show what you mean.
You may be able to raise the cleanout higher. I often will raise it if I need to cut in a santee.

My question is where did the vent go before and is it going back into the vents? or the waste stack?
That would make a difference.

nj greenhouse

Reaction score
OK. Im not seeing the reason why, the cleanout on a waste line is always going to be connected to the vent too, right?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
You can have a cleanout on the vent. Often, it is installed on the vent.

What you can't do is run a vent to the waste stack. That's why I wanted some sort of sketch.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
WHERE it is connected determines whether it is connected to the waster or vent portion of the stack. USUALLY, it is going be in the waste section, OR it is going to be too low for a vent/revent connection.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks