Is it normal to hear leaking from inside the toilet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Mr Dave

Reaction score
I've recently renovated our bathroom and I changed the drain pipe leadin from the toilet to ABS but kept the old toilet. I now here a dripping sound from inside the toilet whenever the water level rises (waste has been deposited into it). I'm wondering if this is normal and I just never heard it before cause the drain pipe used to be in cast iron or is there a problem? There is a little water around the toilet but I think that's related to a broken washer linking the tank and bowl.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The toilet bowl is typically full when you start your business, so yes, whenever you add something, some water goes down the drain. The abs pipe is MUCH noisier than CI, so that's probably it.

Fix the leak, or you'll end up replacing the rotten floor.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks