Is Guinevere still a highly rated toilet?

Users who are viewing this thread

paul failla

Paul F
Reaction score
I'm guessing many like the very nice styling of the Guinevere and ease of cleaning with the one piece. I already own a two-piece 1.6 Drake and it is awesome. Will the Guinevere be guaranteed to flush as good or better day in and day out as the Drake 1.6? I couldn't find many recent reviews online for Guinevere but online customers were complaining about various small problems things like dripping sounds (reported water level draining) and a poor flapper seating. So looking for an update from the pros. Thanks for your feedback.

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The dripping sound from the Unifit was fixed over eight years ago. I haven't had that complaint for years.
There is a new flapper with plastic arms that works well with any TOTO. It's the new one from Korky.
I sell plenty of the Gunivere toilets. I like em. :)

ms874_log_cabin.jpg

https://terrylove.com/forums/index....review-installing-comments-and-pictures.5158/

Last edited:

paul failla

Paul F
Reaction score
The dripping sound from the Unifit was fixed over eight years ago. I haven't had that complaint for years.
There is a new flapper with plastic arms that works well with any TOTO. It's the new one from Korky.
I sell plenty of the Gunivere toilets. I like em. :)
Good to hear those small issues were addressed. Final Q: Is the Guinevere model as clog free as the Drake 1.6 in your experience? This new toilet will be in a high traffic area where we entertain and want it to be a slam dunk for performance. Looks are nice but flushing is top priority in this case. Thanks.

paul failla

Paul F
Reaction score
Good to hear those small issues were addressed. Final Q: Is the Guinevere model as clog free as the Drake 1.6 in your experience? This new toilet will be in a high traffic area where we entertain and want it to be a slam dunk for performance. Looks are nice but flushing is top priority in this case. Thanks.
Ha, unfortunately there are probably enough korky's out there to fill a land fill.

SteveW

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
For what it's worth, I have an older Toto (forget which model) which is a one-piece toilet with the older UniFit. It does have a little sound of water dripping after some flushes. I can't for the life of my understand how anyone could really find that very annoying as it only happens briefly.

The other thing I wanted to say is the UniFit setup is great if you ever need to pull the toilet -- say, to paint behind it. No messy wax rings! Very easy to pull and reset the toilet.

I do really like the Totos that have the "Double Cyclone" bowl wash -- does the Guinevere? To me that is probably more of an issue than the relative clog-ability of the different Toto models - they are all really good in that department, I think.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The Guinvere does have the cyclone rinse, or they're calling it Tornado now. I have the new 12" Unift adapters that have been improved.

ms974_02.jpg

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks