Is Delta ball the only single lever faucet mixing valve with multiple manufacturers?

Users who are viewing this thread

annerick

Reaction score
Hi all,

Are any single lever faucet mixing valves, other than the Delta ball, made by multiple manufacturers?

Rick

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Of course, the Delta ball faucet is so old that the patents have expired so there were knock offs. I am not aware of anyone make actual ball type faucets anymore, but they might. Several OLD brands ( Valley, etc) picked up on the seat-and-spring design, and that is still the case. Kohler, Sterling, Pfister, to name a few.

For kitchen and bath, the lead laws have driven most brands to ceramic. For showers, since there are about a zillion combo mixer/balancing cartridges made in china, that is the design of choice for many brands of showers. It has become very difficult to ID faucets and showers for that reason.

And there are many "designer" styles made by well known, and lesser known, brands labels who put their trim onto a valve body furnished by others.

What exactly is the root of your inquiry??

annerick

Reaction score
Thanks Jimbo. We need a kitchen, and two lav, faucets. We like the single lever functionality. I'll avoid the risk of discontinued parts if there's a reasonable way. Would one buy a bicycle with tires made only by the manufacturer who may disappear?

We have some all metal Delta ball faucets that are fine after decades of use and repair. Only a few of the current models are ball as Delta seems to be going to their ceramic cartridge.

I guess the commercial cartridges (e.g. Chicago 2300-X, 430-X, 420-X) are the same story--made by one manufacturer?

Rick

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks