Irritrol 2700 anti-siphon cover issue

Users who are viewing this thread

A46220

Reaction score
I installed 4 new Irritrol 2700 valves at my home out here in Phoenix. One day I walked out and noticed that the anti-siphon cover have come off. I tightened all the cover assemblies, but one of them just will not stay on. When ever I turn on that zone, the sprinklers run for a second, and then the cover pops off again.

Any idea why this is happening? I would think that the pressure would not be so great as to make the cover burst off, but apparently that is what's happening.

Thanks!

http://www.irritrol.com/support/troubleshooting.html

Last edited by a moderator:

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
I have never seen these valves, here we use a single double check valve for the entire system. In a quick reading of the description of these valves, they should work. The will handle up to 150 psi which is almost certainly far more than your city water supply delivers. I would suggest you contact the dealer where you purchased these and see if they are still warrantied or if there is a repair that can be done to them.

Wet_Boots

Sprinkler Guy
Reaction score
You might post a photo or two of the malfunction. It happens there are two variations of the 2700 series valves. It also happens that the vacuum breaker cover has a central "dust cover" section that can come loose without causing leaks.

Your problem sounds like something new.

Irritroltechsupport

Reaction score
Website
www.irritrol.com
Hello A46220,

I work for Irritrol tech Support Dept. I would be more than happy to explain any inquiries with the 2700 series anti-siphon valve and why the shield cap cover is popping off. Please call M-F, 7:30-3:30PM PST 1-800-634-8873, press #2 and then #7 and enter ext 3718.

Thank you,
Bill

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks