irrigating pump from creek?

Users who are viewing this thread

jaybob

Reaction score
What type of pump can I use to pump water for gardening and lawn watering from a creek that would be about 5 feet below creek and need maybe 200 feet of distance and about 25 feet of rise at highest place. Any advice would be awesome.

Thassler

Reaction score
I'm doing about the same with a shallow jet pump. The pump sits 200' away from the creek and about 11' elevation from water level. It works fine for watering the garden but is a PITA to prime come spring. I would much prefer to have a submersible but the spring time flooding would probably take it away from me.

PEW

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
I have a Goulds irrigator 2hp pumping from a creek which is tide effected. It sits about 2 feet above high tide, been there for close to 20 years. Been under water several times over the years and still runs fine. I remove the suction and drain it each fall, primes on one filling in the spring.

jaybob

Reaction score
Thanks for the fast input. I was thinking submersible but I could get a shallow jet about 10' or 12' above water...so that might work.

Thassler

Reaction score
Thanks for the fast input. I was thinking submersible but I could get a shallow jet about 10' or 12' above water...so that might work.

lol - jaybob, have you been working on this project for a year and a half now? :)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks