Iron in the well water

Users who are viewing this thread

Speedbump

Reaction score
I use greensand filters with Pottassium Permangenate as and oxident. You can also use air to oxidize (my preference) it just costs more.

How much iron do you have and what kind is it?

bob...

Oliver

Reaction score
Good question.

I am in Colorado (western slop). All wells around here are used for irrigation. They contain a lot of iron. How much? I have to do lab tests. My well was just drilled. A sample in a jar was looking transparent, but after 2 days it became red.

I am plannig to use (if possible) the water from the well in my future swimning pool.

Thanks for the replys.

Speedbump

Reaction score
Sounds like you have what we call Clear Water Iron. It will have to be oxidized first then trapped out.

Gary and I differ in our taking iron out with Softeners. I have had just about no luck doing so, nor has anyone else in my area. I'm sure it's because of the different kinds of water you encounter in different areas. What works for you may not work for me etc.

If your into buying one, I recommend you go with Gary. He will take good care of you and he may know something I don't.

bob...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks