Iron Filter Recommendation

Discussion in 'Water Softener Forum, problems, installation and r' started by Bananaboyandy, Nov 15, 2013.

1. Bananaboyandy

Bananaboyandy New Member

I'm in the process of installing a Fleck 7000 SXT softener in my home. I am considering installing an iron filter as well. Any suggestions? I see a few guys had success with the Big Blue filters. I want to make sure whatever I use doesn't cause much of a pressure drop.

Thanks,
    Andy
  2. Reach4

Reach4 Active Member

Yes. Are you on your own well? If so, have your water tested for hardness, iron, sulfur, and manganese. Get numbers. If not, get the data from the water company.

Also, the Big Blue filters are more for sediment or even removing some chemicals. But the iron filter would probably be either a backwashing filter or you would use a bigger water softener if your iron was not heavy and you did not have significant sulfur.
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2013