Iron filter purchase

Users who are viewing this thread

jso

Reaction score
We have hard water (534 mg/l.) and iron (6 ppm) in our private well. We replaced an old iron filter we had for years with a Culligan rental for about a year, thinking we would be getting city water soon. We aren't on the grid for at least 5 more years, so we wanted to purchase an iron filter. Why aren't they sold locally in Wisconsin? Culligan offered to sell us the rental for $1800 with NO warranty. I'm finding it difficult to shop around online...little review information. We have someone who would do an installation for us. Just having trouble finding a good product. Culligan claims theirs is the best, but they have a reputation for being pricey (the model we have is their HE Sulfur Cleen). Our WaterBoss softener we currently have in place seems to take care of the hardness. Any recommendations on how to find the right product for the iron? Thank you.

Reach4

Reaction score
Yes, expensive, and repairs would be expensive too. Click Inbox.

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
I have no experience with Waterboss products, but they do also make an iron filter. Menards was carrying the brand, but the iron filter was a special order item.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks