Ionics filter problem

Users who are viewing this thread

TJ cincinnati

Reaction score
I have a general Ionics filter and softener. After it runs it's regeneration process, water will run brown in the first faucet turned on the next morning. Any obvious issues?

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
Sounds like both the backwash and rapid rinse cycles need to have one or two more pins added so that it is in the regen cycle a bit longer.

You are finishing what it should have done.

big dripper

Reaction score
I have a general Ionics filter and softener. After it runs it's regeneration process, water will run brown in the first faucet turned on the next morning. Any obvious issues?

What are your water quality test results...especially iron? Your softener backwashes with (unfiltered) hard water with iron. It sounds like this could be building up and isn't completely flushed out till you use water after regenerating. Avoid running hot water as your first use until water clears up until a solution is found.

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
You have a filter and a softener... have you identified which one is causing the problem?

Does the filter regenerate or just backwash? If it regenerates, what does it use to regenerate with?

Does the filter and softener backwash/regenerate the same night? If so are they timed to do their thing about an hour apart or one right after the other with the filter first or after the softener; or at the same time?

Is the time of day set correctly on each or, is the softener correct and the filter about an hour ahead as it should be?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks