IONICS 3210 programming.

Users who are viewing this thread

L2rado

Reaction score
My water softner has a private label IONICS and 3210 Timer programming instructions inside the valve cover.
I dont' have the manual. I gather from internet searches and forums that this unit is same as Fleck 2510. I looked at some of the installation manuals and service manuals from different sites and shows that the 2510 programming dial has a middle dial for number of people and hardness scale.
My question is my unit does not have the number of people and hardness scale dial. Instead, the middle dial is clear plastic with 0 -100 markings and X100 after the 100 mark. How do I set this to 3 people with water hardness of 17 gpg. There's a white dot on the outer wheel and also a Gallons capacity mark on the timer case.

Last edited:

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
Size of media tank or that tank that the control is on.

10x44?
10x54?

leaflight

Reaction score
i have the same question except my info is as follows: 12 GPM 12x 60 Ionics IQ with 3210 timer, which is the same as described above meaning there the middle dial is clear plastic with 0 -100 markings and X100 after the 100 mark. My hardness is 35 and 3 people. When I regenerate the system, the white dot stops at the capacity arrow on the unit. I believe the unit regenerates everyday, which seems like a waste. How should this be set up? I can't find any info on the net and all the pictures show the white dot opposite of the capacity arrow, where on my unit it is very close to the capacity unit after regeneration.

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
I learned the setting of a system with out the use of the number of people.
Depending on the amount of resin in the tank and the amount of salt used per regen or cleaning cycle gave the system a capacity, then that capacity is divided by the comp hardness of the water that came up with the number of gallons for the meter's max, then the number of people x gallons per person per day... different people will use different numbers but they are between 60 and 75 gallons per person per day.
Example
2 cubic foot unit with 12 lbs salt a capacity of 40,000/20 grains per gallon = 2000 gallons - 240 gallons(4 people at 60gallons per) =1750 gallons will be close enough.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks