Internittant Problem with Hunter controller

Users who are viewing this thread

Heymate

Reaction score
Hi everyone:) I have a Hunter Controller (residential) Recently the system comes on for a second and then shuts off. I can open all the valves manually and they work fine, but the controller only allows the system on for a split second. sometimes it will work flawlessly for a week. I might mention I cannot turn on any single station from the controller when it it acting up.t starts for a second and then shuts off. Any ideas would be welcome.

Mike1059

irrigation tech.
Reaction score
Website
www.mrhirrigation.com
What you describe sounds like an intermitant short, probably in the common wire. I would check the wire connections and probably redo them even if they look good. I have had many cases where a connection looks good but still causes a problem until it's redone.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Definitely check the common wire since all valves are having the same problem. Look very carefully at the connections starting at the controller and then to the first split where the first valve is connected. The connection(s) are made using either a special silicone filled connector or just a regular wire nut that is packed full of silicone after the connection is made. As noted, looks can be deceiving, so re doing the connection(s) might be a wise thing to do. You can just separate the wires, and twist them together again without a wire nut or silicone to test. The wire nut and silicone is just to keep the joints secure the wires and make the joint watertight, so for testing purposes, there is no need for them.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks