Votes: 8 26.7%
  • 30 plus hours a week shared over numerous forums

Votes: 9 30.0%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

FloridaOrange

Plumbing Designer
Reaction score
I got these from Tiger Direct for a 100 bucks each. Best money spent.

Damn!!!!!!!!!!! That is a deal.
My 19's were from NewEgg for about $150 each (bought 3, 1 for the wife 2 for me).
Unless side work starts picking up for me I'll be staying with the 19's for some time. I've done 2 sidejobs this year so far, haven't been paid on either yet. Usually by this time I've done at least 20+. :mad:

FloridaOrange

Plumbing Designer
Reaction score
Why not paid yet ??? Were they for family ?

I'll be paid on both soon hopefully but with the Architect ($300) job he always pays late. I make sure not to take too much on for him at once - my options are limited as I'm not an engineer, I do the plans and the architect signs and seals the plans. I can't put a lean on a project.

The other job is for someone I do alot of sidework with and I'm pretty good friends with. He never tells me what I'm getting paid but it is always more than I expect. That project went through a couple of changes and then had to wait on the architect to pay him.

Neither situations are ideal but given the current construction industry down here I can't complain (for sidework I was down $15K+ last year and probably $20K+ this year). All the work I do as side work I do at night, I don't count it as income until it is my account. In 4-5 years I've only been burned twice.

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
Sounds good...I hope you don't end up looking like your avatar...:p

Work has slowed here also...

I have taken steps to cut my overhead as much as possible...

FloridaOrange

Plumbing Designer
Reaction score
Sounds good...I hope you don't end up looking like your avatar...:p

Work has slowed here also...

I have taken steps to cut my overhead as much as possible...

Thanks. In my (real) job the work has changed from 90% new construction to 95% remodel/tenant infill. We are working harder for a little less money.

I made a good decision to sell my mustang when I did, had I waited I would've gotten $5K less. I keep an eye out and tell my wife as soon as it's realistically possible I'll be picking up another one. I wish that was now, alot of people are having to get rid of toys - there's some really nice high power cars that can be had for $10-15K.

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
Awe god I just relapsed!! :p

Does this help you...

1360039669_39335bbd8c.jpg

Cookie

Reaction score
Cass, my friend, that is a pile full of fixins you got there! I don't know if I answered this ever, I spend about 8 hours to 10 hours a week, due to I take a break from working on the computer and come visit you guys and stir up yer blood, to keep you going, :) and of course, bless you with my plumber knowledge. :) I pop in and out, and only got one monitor because that is all I can basically handle, no dual monitors for this gal, I am a single monitor woman BUT, I work literally 7 days a week.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks