Votes: 8 26.7%
  • 30 plus hours a week shared over numerous forums

Votes: 9 30.0%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Got_Nailed

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Steve they would toss a bunch of us in one cave. We would need more than a T1 because a T1 is just a POP. We would need a T3.

Herk

Plumber
Reaction score
This morning, I'd settle for a T1. My internet connection is off and on and I never know if it will load a page or not. Since we got about a half-inch of snow, the cable system can't cope.

Got_Nailed

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
DSL with the upload for me. The one thing I hate is when I go to a slow web site. I have had one internet outage and that was a few years back.

edit
Is it a node problem or farther down the line.

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
Who spends the most time on here?

I have just realised that I spend an awful lot of time on this forum. In the order of several hours each and every day.

Who's the most dedicated/crazy/addicted?

FloridaOrange

Plumbing Designer
Reaction score
I get on here quite a bit but then again I work on a computer with 2 monitors. Sometimes I'm waiting for an answer to the project I'm working on or some other similar reason.
I would say if it were clocked it would be a couple of hours a day but some of that time I'm not actually paying attention to that monitor.

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
Well, I'm still pretty impressed that you give this forum an ENTIRE MONITOR!

FloridaOrange

Plumbing Designer
Reaction score
Nothing but the best. :D
Seriously though, once you start using two monitors it's hard to go back to a single. Prices of monitors and vid cards have come down alot in the last couple of years.

Right now I'm watching a show on Hulu.com on the other monitor.

Last edited:

Peanut9199

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale
Reaction score
Never heard of Hulu.com.
I tried to watch something but it says because i'm not in the US i cannot download.

My question, how does it know?
When i set anything up on my computer i never put in personal history.

Does anyone know where to go to see that information?

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
It's looking at your IP address. That narrows you down to specific area where the server you are connected to is located.

You can get some software to hid your IP address. I wonder what would happen then?

FloridaOrange

Plumbing Designer
Reaction score
I was under the impression that it wasn't truely a "download", more like streaming. In any event I would be suprised that it wasn't available in Canada.

Like Ian said, it's reading your IP. Lots of sites do that so they can tailor advertising to your specific location.

SewerRatz

Illinois Licensed Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.a-archer.net
I spend a lot of time here and on two other forums as well. I also run duel 24" monitors. It is true once you start running two screens its real hard to go back to one. I been doing the duel monitor ting for 6 years now. Its nice to have one screen up with research stuff while you are working on a proposal on the other. My current computer will let me do 4 screens but I lack the funds to buy 2 more.

Cookie

Reaction score
If you do an a search, Rugged posted a thread, called, Computer Addiction, back in 07, similar to this one.

I just couldn't get them to merge.

Last edited:

FloridaOrange

Plumbing Designer
Reaction score
I spend a lot of time here and on two other forums as well. I also run duel 24" monitors. It is true once you start running two screens its real hard to go back to one. I been doing the duel monitor ting for 6 years now. Its nice to have one screen up with research stuff while you are working on a proposal on the other. My current computer will let me do 4 screens but I lack the funds to buy 2 more.

I'm jealous Ron, I'm running 2 19" which was big enough until I started watching TV and movies.

Cookie

Reaction score
Maybe, when Terry comes on, he will merge the 2, Rugged's has a poll on it.

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
Each one of Ron's monitors is bigger than my TV. He must get a tan sitting in front of that thing all day.

I have two tens in the back of my SUV though.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
We can help. Here is a project to help stave off your preoccupation with the internet:

Go all around you house....check the screws on every switch plate cover and receptacle cover. Make a spread sheet showing whether the slots are horizontal or vertical. Post back with the results, and we will give you the further assignments.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks