Internal Pipe Cutter

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by Esquire, Jun 8, 2010.

1. Esquire

Esquire Plumber

Just wondering what all you guys are using for internal pipe cutters? ie cutting the toilet pipe below floor level to install a flange. Usually find this situation when finishing a basement that was roughed-in during the building stage.
  2. MACPLUMB 777

MACPLUMB 777 TROJAN WORLDWIDE SALES RP

3. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

I slide the flange over the pipe, and then saw it off flush with the top of the flange. But then, I always use a 4" riser pipe. When it is a 3" riser that someone else installed, then I use the Ridgid #109 internal cutter.
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2010
  4. Doherty Plumbing

Doherty Plumbing Journeyman & Gas Fitter

I use a Reed internal pipe cutter. I also carry both the carbon cut off disk and the steel saw blade to go with it.