Internal (Flapper?) Leak on TWO toilets

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by dwhewett, Oct 30, 2011.

1. dwhewett

dwhewett New Member

Hi Everyone,

Ill try to keep this short and sweet. Had a 25 year old toilet that developed a leak between the tank and bowl. Replaced the flapper, but the plastic was very britle to work with and the leak was worse after the new flapper was installed. Sorry, I don't know the name of the flapper but it wasn't a "hook on" kind it was one that kind of "snapped" in place.

Regardless, I thought I'd replace the whole unit. By the time I replaced parts, and put in new gaskets I was going to be part way there anyway.

So I put in a new unit and have the SAME PROBLEM!! Is there ANYTHING that could be "common" between the two installs that could cause this issue or is it possible that I just got a dud of a replacement unit? Ive disconnected the water line to try to take that out of the equation (not that I think it'd matter anyway)

Any information is GREATLY appreciated. Thanks so much.

Darren
  2. RedHouse

RedHouse New Member

Replace the "snap on flapper" with a hook on Fluidmaster or Korky.