Intermittent pump on well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Reach4

Reaction score
Running out of water deserves some consideration considering the water dropped by 50 feet between post #1 and post #23. ;) Actually I would find a depth of 203 more real-sounding than 150 or 200.

ACWxRADR

Reaction score
I am going to urge, persist on the notion that the wiring at least be inspected and troubleshot. Most of the other solutions require pulling the pump out anyway, the wire has to come with.

I do not comprehend the use of single conductor wire down the well string. I am not an installer and therefore not a professional well installer, therefore I am not familiar with the practice of deep well installations. However, I would personally not opt for such cabling. I would deem multi-strand cable to be better all around. Physical strength, decreased line loss due to skin effects, hysteresis and current eddies, physical flexibility and overall ease of application or use (handling).

Maybe that is the norm in the water well field, which I am not well versed in, but in my specific line of work I understand other parameters which are also important. Very short runs of solid conductor wire are beneficial. Long runs with high AC current are not beneficial or are less so for several reasons.

Gordy (RADAR)

ACWxRADR

Reaction score
Running out of water deserves some consideration considering the water dropped by 50 feet between post #1 and post #23. ;) Actually I would find a depth of 203 more real-sounding than 150 or 200.

You are correct, Reach.

Scott may believe that the water level is where he reported it to us, but that does not make it so. This needs to be known for certain so that everyone can troubleshoot the problem correctly. This parameter can be measured, but it isn't always easy. It is however, very important.

Gordy

Craigpump

In the Trades
Reaction score
I said most pump guys use solid core wire, but not all. We have been using Regency stranded pump cable for 5 plus years with no issues. It's softer, easier to work with, conducts the current better and sets us apart from the other guy.

ACWxRADR

Reaction score
Craigpump,

I understand you on this. I am glad to hear that you use multistrand conductor cables. I personally believe that this is best. Solid core wiring is ok when running through walls in a house for outlets and lighting fixtures. No mechanical or physical stress involved for the wires here, they just stay where they are placed.

RADAR

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks