intermittent drips, but need help identifying

Users who are viewing this thread

proo

Reaction score
I have a shower that drips from the top wall-mounted head occasionally. I'd like to fix it before it becomes more urgent, but I can't find any identifying logos or names etched on it.

It has a separate temperature control; the top handle controls the wall mounted head and the bottom one controls the one with the hose. I haven't worked with one like this before so I'm not even sure which handle to remove and how to go about it. Since it's still perfectly functional, I'd rather get the parts first before risking opening it up and making it worse, but if I have to I will.

Any help or advice?

Thanks!

Attachments

• shower.JPG
    shower.JPG
    30.2 KB · Views: 265
  • shower_handles.JPG
    shower_handles.JPG
    32.4 KB · Views: 246

proo

Reaction score
I'm reluctant to start ripping into it until I know what to expect, as it's the only working shower in my house right now. I've only had experience changing the cartridge from a single-handle shower before, so I don't know what parts I would need for a shower like this. Do they have "cartridges" as well? Is the problem likely to be in the top flow control handle, since that's the head the leak is from?

I don't see any exposed screws; what tools will I need to finish the job? Should I start prying the ends looking for a snap-off cap (it's not obvious) or just grab a wrench and start twisting?

Thanks for any tips!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks