Interior Drain Tile Installation

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog' started by johngandersonjr, Dec 31, 2011.

1. johngandersonjr

johngandersonjr New Member

Hello,

I have some existing interior draintile in my basement that is working very well.

I also have a fruit cellar in my basement and the walls are holding water. Currently no interior drain tile there.

The fruit cellar is cinder block like the rest of the house. it also has footings all around the room including under the door way to get into the room.

Does anyone know how I would connect new interior drain tile from the fruit cellar to my other 3" perforated tile in the adjoining room?

The door way into the fruit cellar has a footing underneath and I am not sure how to get through? Do I break out a 3" diameter hole to get the tile through, go underneath the footing?

Any and all help is appreciated!

John
  2. johngandersonjr

johngandersonjr New Member

Any one Have an idea?
  3. cacher_chick

cacher_chick Test, Don't Guess!

The tile should be set even with the bottom of the footing, so going underneath would not work (you can't make water flow uphill).

A structural engineer would determine whether the footing can be penetrated safely depending on the load, the dimensions of the footing, and the soil type.

It would probably be easier to put in another sump in the room that is not connected to the existing tile system.
  4. ballvalve

ballvalve General Engineering Contractor

A hole in the fruit cellar floor for a 130$ zoeller pump is cheaper than any lengthy cement tear out.. Dont need tile, the hole will fill nicely on its own.