Users who are viewing this thread

lmei007

Reaction score

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Sounds like "psychobabble" to me. I doubt that natural convection would "inflate" or "suck a vacuum" in a house. Someone is just trying to promote his "theory", and maybe some "invention", without any facts to back it up.

Dana

In the trades
Reaction score
His explanation and prescriptions crap.

The "planned hole" should be a heat recovery ventilator. Otherwise you're better off completely air-sealing the house rather than poking newer-bigger holes to guarantee where the warm moist air is leaving during winter.

High natural ventilation rates from random infiltration is a BAD idea for any home, even if you poke the holes to ensure that the bulk of the exfiltration path isn't going to cause a condensation problem. Air-tight is right, then mechanically ventilate at the appropriate times & rates.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks