insulated toilet?

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by farmhome, May 14, 2012.

1. farmhome

farmhome New Member

Starting new construction in a warm/humid climate. A standard toilet tank will create condensation and constant dripping on the floor. I need a toilet with an insulated tank. Anyone know of a good quality one like this?
  2. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

All the major manufacturers make them. Probably have to order it from the plumbing supplier; not a stock item. You can also purchase liner kits to retrofit into any toilet.

Since you are in the new construction phase, it would also be very easy to install a tempering valve for the water supply to the toilets.

Condensation is much less a problem today, than in the past. Since your toilet will likely flush only 1.28 gallons per, there is just that small amount of 'new' cold water mixing with 3 to 5+ gallons already in the tank at room temp.
  3. LLigetfa

LLigetfa DIYer, not in the trades

Even if the tank is insulated, the bowl would not be so heavy use could still cause it to sweat. Do as jimbo suggested and install a tempering valve. I had installed them in my last two homes before the advent of the newer toilets and it worked well.
  4. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

TOTO carries an insulated tank, ST743SD that goes on their Drake model bowls.

Also, and pressure assist tank would prevent condensation. Of the pressure assist tanks, the Flushmate works well.