insulated tanks?

Users who are viewing this thread

Dellahannan

Reaction score
I'm new on site. Can anyone tell me about insulated toilet tanks? A plumber friend of ours says to make sure we buy a toilet that's insulated. I tried to order a Toto Dalton and was informed it doesn't come insulated. We didn't want that tempering valve. Does any Toto come insulated? Thanks

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The Toto Drake can be ordered with an insulated tank.

I always try to keep a few in stock in the Seattle area.
The tank number is ST743SD

Plumber1

Plumber
Reaction score
tank

The well water could be very cold and there is probably enough humidity to cause the tank to sweat and wet the floor.

Dellahannan

Reaction score
Terry said:
The Toto Drake can be ordered with an insulated tank.

I always try to keep a few in stock in the Seattle area.
The tank number is ST743SD

Thanks guys. I've been investigating and found the manufacture will custom make a toilet to include an insulated tank. Problem is the dealer has to order more then one. Then again I can purchase a Dalton bowl (which I perfer since its round) then purchase a Drake insulated tank to go with it. I like the smaller length of the Dalton bowl. Any problems? Can anyone please inform me of the proper numbers to order? Thanks

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
You can't mix the 3" flush valve Drake tank with the made for 2" Dalton.
There would be water all over the bathroom from putting a 3" hole over a 2" hole.

Drake does make a round bowl, in the standard 14.5" height.
That bowl and tank would be CST743SD

Dellahannan

Reaction score
I'm disappointed. I especially liked the round bowl with the ADA height. I talked to a tect at toto who says it's possible to enterchange these two models. Guess he overlooked a necessary detail. Thanks for the info.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks