Instant Hot Water Tap - fix or replace?

Users who are viewing this thread

jbriang

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to the forum and hope someone can understand the sudden problem with my Instant Hot water tap.

The push handle just seems to have loosened and stopped holding in the upright shut off position. It just flops down to the open position while the water runs. Had to disconnect the water supply to keep it from running.

I did remove the spigot handle to see if something had worn or cracked. There's nothing inside except a hex head with a sealed nylon bushing that I assume the handle presses against to open the water valve. I put the handle back on and it still just flops like the bushing doesn't hold it shut anymore.

I called Instant Hot and there are no parts for this product. I can't even buy the faucet by itself.

Can it be that I would have to replace the entire unit for this handle problem?? That seems pretty extreme.

Thanks for any advice.

Herk

Plumber
Reaction score
I've found that a lot of these units have a relatively short life. I've had ISE units go out in just over a year - leaking. Just replacing the faucet might be frustrating if the tank failed soon after.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks