Installing Toto Vespin II .... Is it possible?

Users who are viewing this thread

stayn2busy

Reaction score
We have a built a new home and I ordered the toilets AFTER the rough in plumbing was done not realizing that all toilets are not "standard." For the MB I bought (online) the Vespin II with Sanigloss because I have seen it highly rated on this website & on *********. Here's where the problems begin. My husband who is doing the plumbing along with a master plumber friend, tells me that we cannot install the Vespin as it will not fit. The rough in is 11 1/2 inches and the water is standard 6 inches. I did some research and it seems there is a unifit device to mount at 10". To the professionals with experience installing Totos, can this toilet be used?? I really had my heart sat on this toilet. Any advice will be appreciated! Thanks!

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The spec sheet shows a nominal 3/4" behind the toilet, so you should still have a 1/4" with the stock 12" Unifit adapter. Plus, you can usually fudge the position at least 1/4" since the outlet of the toilet is smaller than the toilet flange opening. You should be able to make the water connection work, but may need a right-angle valve. Dahl makes a nice one, but you may be okay...it depends on how high off the floor it is.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks