Installing the CST743S

Users who are viewing this thread

Klu

Reaction score
We purchase the CST743S without noticing one important detail. Our new toilet will be installed in our master bathroom back to back to the guest bathroom. While reading up on the installation instructions it mentions that the only means possible of doing this is if there is a "WYE". fitting in the standpipe. Unfortunately our standpipe that is cast iron, has a double sanitary tee or cross. Will I need to tear out the drywall to install the proper connection or can I get by with what I have? Thank you

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
You can get by with what you have. Flushing one will slop water past the double santee and push water out of the opposing bowl some.
I would rather have that, than a bowl that plugs.

Klu

Reaction score
You can get by with what you have. Flushing one will slop water past the double santee and push water out of the opposing bowl some.
I would rather have that, than a bowl that plugs.

Thanks Terry, when you say "some" does this mean we could possibly have water being pushed out onto the floor?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Thanks Terry, when you say "some" does this mean we could possibly have water being pushed out onto the floor?

That would be torrential. No. It just pushes the level up a very little bit, and some slops over the high part of the trapway. Most people don't even seem to be aware of it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks