Installing new washer/dryer connections

Discussion in 'Remodel Forum & Blog' started by johncsnider, Jun 14, 2005.

1. johncsnider

johncsnider New Member

I live in a small 25 year old house in metro Atlanta. It's a one-story ranch style on a slab. All the big mechanical stuff (washer/dryer, furnace and water heater) is currently all together in one place in the dead center of the house.

I'm thinking of adding washer/dryer connections in a little storage alcove at the back of the garage, but I don't want to cut into the slab or tear out any drywall to run pipes. Before I spend time calling in contractors, I wanted to see if it's a big no-no to run water pipes in a sort of up-and-over configuration; i.e. can I run the pipes up along the wall in the garage, through the attic, and back down to connect to the water heater in the center of the house.

Ideas?
  2. King3244

King3244 New Member

I guess in Atlanta you don't have any freezing problems so you could run your suppy lines anywhere that you like but you still need to run your washer drain someplace that will drain by gravity. I don't think that your washer pump will
    "lift" your drain water the 8 feet to the attic.