Installing an iron filter for well water

Users who are viewing this thread

shea janner

Reaction score
Hi guys, as the title states I'm thinking of installing an iron filter on a well but I have a few questions first. I'm have a new home built, it will be on the same well as another house. Thier faucets and bathtub fixtures are begging to rust. Obviously I don't want this problem with a new home. My biggest question is can i just install the filter on the tank before ot splits to the two homes? Also should i install an additional filter in the new home.

Reach4

Reaction score
Hi guys, as the title states I'm thinking of installing an iron filter on a well but I have a few questions first. I'm have a new home built, it will be on the same well as another house. Thier faucets and bathtub fixtures are begging to rust. Obviously I don't want this problem with a new home. My biggest question is can i just install the filter on the tank before ot splits to the two homes? Also should i install an additional filter in the new home.

Before selecting an iron filter or softener, you need a lab water test. pH, hardness, iron, manganese are common factors in the decision. Other items that exceed or are even half of the MCL should be noted too. Smell or lack of smell should be considered, since most water tests do not check for H2S. Most do not check for radon either, but some say uranium is an indicator.

Iron filtering before splitting can be done. There can be problems with sharing with wells as well as treatment. They can involve parties thinking the other uses so much more water. One party waters the lawn and waters 30 head of cattle and irrigates a big garden and washes 2 cars daily. The other party does not like paying half of the expenses.... That is just an example.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks