Installing a sewage pump

Users who are viewing this thread

Kamisdad

Reaction score
I have a fairly new home, built in 2004, that has the drains roughed into the floor leading to a basin in which I am installing a sewage pump. The contractor originally had a strandard sump pump in this basin to extract the water generated by my furnace. I also have a second basin next to this one that is for my footer drains. The problem that I have run into is such: the standard sump was connected using a 1-1/2" pipe and the sewage, of course uses a 2" pipe. At the connection going into the main drain is 1-1/2". First -- Can I adapt the 2" pipe to the 1-1/2" at this connection, or will it be required to be 2" all the way to the main line? Second -- Can I connect the sewage pump and the sump in the footer together using a "Y" connection? Any assistance or advice would be great.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks