Installing a new faucet, pressure seems too high going from Flowtite piping into new metal piping

Users who are viewing this thread

rorytmeadows

Reaction score
Hey everyone. Complete noobie when it comes to anything plumbing but I feel like this could be an easier fix and I'm just missing something simple. I've scoured the internet for days.

I bought a new faucet for the bathroom sink:
StarSide Bathroom Sink Faucet

The specs are here:

Pullout Spray
Installation Type:Centerset
Installation Holes:One Hole
Number of Handles:Single Handle
Finish:Chrome
Style:Contemporary
Flow Rate:2 GPM (7.57 L/min)
Valve Type:Ceramic Valve
Cold and Hot Switch:Yes
Overall Height:174 mm(6.85")
Spout Height:120mm(4.72")
Spout Length:150mm(5.91")
Spout Width:90mm(3.54")
Faucet center:Single Hole
Faucet center:Single Hole
Faucet Body Material:Brass
Faucet Spout Material:Glass
Faucet Handle Material:Brass
LED Power Source:Battery
LED Color:Blue
LED turns Green between:0-30 (32-86)
LED turns Blue between:30-40 (86-104)
LED turns Red between:40-50 (104-122)
LED begins flashing between:50-100 (122-212)
Valve included:Yes
Drain included:No
Net Weight (kg):1.35
Shipping Weight (kg):1.5

index.php

Of course my newer home contains the Flowtite valves and tubing. I install it correctly, have to get a couple small connectors to get the one end onto the other that seemed to fit well.

After installing, turning the water back on results in what seems like too much pressure and it leaks from the Flowtite tubing (in the direction of the Flowtite tubing mostly). This even occurs when the faucet is fully open. I tried simple silicon tape wrapped pretty tightly, but it starts to bubble up.

Am I missing something easy? Thank you in advance.

RTM

Last edited by a moderator:

rorytmeadows

Reaction score
I have heard that before, but hoping to avoid it. Right now, after PTFE tape, the only leak seems to be out of the base of the plastic IPS nut, spraying in the direction of the tubing.

Oh well, might have to bite the bullet and the 2 hours it will take and broken windows that will come with it!

Last edited:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Too much information. NONE of the faucet specifications have anything to do with the leak and are immaterial. Your problem probably has to do with the quality of materials you are using. Most plumbers would not even consider using that valve or supply line for that very reason.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
If you had a burr on the pipe when you pushed the valve in place, it can slice the O-ring, and it will never seal. At least that's how I think that one works. They don't have a very good long-term reliability reputation, either, as the plastic tends to get brittle. Builders tend to use them because they're cheap.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks