Installing a hotel/commercial toilet in a home.

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by nikkhigg, Feb 29, 2012.

1. nikkhigg

nikkhigg New Member

My husband and I are doing a bathroom remodel, and I bought a toilet that the sales associate told me was designed for a hotel, not a house. He said the only differences were that it had to be bolted directly to the sub-floor and it needed a wax-less seal. He continued to explain that the seal would have to have a "sleeve" that extended up into the base of the toilet to secure. My husband and I have no idea what we're doing. Could anyone give me a briefing on what the heck this sales associate was talking about a "sleeve"? And/or how to go about installing such a toilet?

The box the toilet came in says ACCC, which also seems to be an internet mystery. I've googled "ACCC" in every plumbing capacity that I can think of, and I've come up with nothing. Please, HELP! :confused:
  2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Open the box and take some pictures. We have no idea what you are talking about.

All toilets that sit on a floor, are attached to the floor.
  3. Gary Swart

Gary Swart In the Trades

The wax-less seal sounds like a common seal used instead of a wax ring. If so, these work just fine. I believe there are a couple of brands, but Fluid Master comes to mind, but there may be others that are similar. Check them out at most any plumbing supply store.
  4. nikkhigg

nikkhigg New Member

I'll take a picture this evening!! Thanks!