Installed shower cartridge, now I get hardly any water flow

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by baka98, Feb 17, 2009.

1. baka98

baka98 New Member

What am I doing wrong? I even put the old cartridge in, and now I have the same problem with that too. Please help!!
  2. krow

krow Plumber

What is the make and model of your faucet. Is it kitchen, lav, tub and shower , etc.......
  3. baka98

baka98 New Member

It is a Price-Pfister shower with an Avante cartridge (S74-292).

The old cartridge came out with no problem, I put in the new one and attached the handle and now I get hardly any flow out of my shower. I tried to put the old cartridge back in and have the same problem.

Am I putting the cartridge in wrong? There are really only 2 ways to put it in that I can see and I've tried both with no success. Am I an idiot or what?
  4. krow

krow Plumber

Have you tried pulling off the shower head to make sure nothing is blocking the shower head holes? Sometimes some debris comes loose and pushed up to the head.
  5. baka98

baka98 New Member

Yes. I've taken off the head and the hose and the flow is very low coming out of the pipe. I have no idea what's wrong.
  6. baka98

baka98 New Member

I am an idiot. I forgot to check the filter on my ball joint.
    Problem solved.