install walk in bathtub

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by jocko91, Dec 15, 2013.

1. jocko91

jocko91 New Member

What would be a reasonable price to pay for installation in Virginia of walk-in bathtub on site formerly occupied by jacuzzi tub. Old tub has been removed already. I have another contractor that will do the painting, tile, electrical etc so it is only the plumbing. I am told that metering valve has to be installed because it is state code.
  2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Last edited: Jul 19, 2014
  3. jocko91

jocko91 New Member

Yes, tempering. Thanks, Terry
  4. johnfrwhipple

johnfrwhipple I love these ACO Shower Drains - Best in Class

What kind of walk in tub did you purchase?

Watch out which type you purchase - many have a high step to climb into them.

If you can upgrade the tub's drain line to a 2" one this will help speed up the drain time. Also plan to install a handheld sprayer in your tub so while draining you can keep yourself warm with a little spray of water. Many of these tubs take a really long time to drain and you can get cold waiting to open the door.

JW