Install Utility sink in laundry room

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by ncinqueg, Feb 6, 2013.

1. ncinqueg

ncinqueg New Member

I want to install a utility sink in my laundry room utilizing the same drain/vent Vent 1.jpg vent 2.JPG as what the washing machine uses now.

Current setup: Washing machine
    enters into a drain, goes through a p-trap, then that connects to the drain/vent pipe from the left side. There is also a connecting drain pipe from an upstairs bathroom that you could see near the floor (in the picture) that taps into the drain/vent.

What I want to do: I want to install a sink on the left side also and run the drain along side the drywall and turn it 180 degrees and enter the same drain/vent used for the washing machine from the right side. I figured turning a pipe 180 degrees isn't a problem, so long as I have enough slope in the drain pipe. (But if there's an easier way, I'm open to ideas)

Problem: In a perfect world, I would be able to use a double Y connection on the drain/vent (one for the washer and one for the dryer), however, the current connection for the washer is to high on the vent, so I would need to bring the utility sinks
    connection below the connection of the washer on that same drain/vent. Does this cause a "venting issue"? Any other ideas? Thanks!
  2. Hammerlane

Hammerlane Member

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 9, 2013
  3. Hammerlane

Hammerlane Member

Heres another photo of a setup

Attached Files: