Install frost proof hose bib in crawl space.

Users who are viewing this thread

justinae

Reaction score
I've replaced all my plumbing lines with pex and now ready to replace my hose bibs with frost proof. I have a crawl space and the current hose bibs are just sticking out the foundation stem wall rather than through the siding. The stem on my FP hose bib is 5 1/2" and my framing is 2x4 so I can't have it in the wall I don't think. Can I just reuse the hole in the foundation and make sure that it has the appropriate slope towards the outside? If so, what is the best way to fasten it so it doesn't move around a lot?

Thanks,
Justin

JohnjH2o1

Plumbing Contractor for 49 years
Reaction score
Is the house wood frame? If so you could drill through the box between the floor joist and above the foundation. That should put you into the siding with the hoes bib.

John

Last edited:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Put in some blocking, if required, and install a pex to whatever drop-ear elbow that you've screwed to the blocking (or a joist, or whatever is available at the proper location. This will anchor the end. If you use a threaded el adapter, you can then screw the hose bib in, otherwise, solder it in, then (this will be harder) then screw it to the blocking. Or, if you can attach to the blocking first, then screw the blocking in place, that might work.

justinae

Reaction score
It's post and beam and their is no rim joist. I think I'll have to do the blocking idea like Jim mentions. I can thread the drop ear onto the hose bib and mount that to the blocking so it alignes correctly.

Thanks.
Justin

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks