Inspection question

Users who are viewing this thread

Mperata

Reaction score
I am a GC but haven't been active since 1991 and did not do additions, only new construction.

I want to relocate the laundry in my home from the garage to an upstairs location. On one side of the house is a bathroom/kitchen/garage fixtures and the other side of the house are three bathrooms.

I will tie the new laundry to the 4" ABS line downstream from the three bathrooms. The question I have is testing. I know how to test a complete house but don't know what I need to do to isolate the new laundry fixture for testing.

Do I have to pull all of the fixtures and plug to test the new laundry or is there a tactic I can use to only isolate the connection to the 4" ABS line I will connect to.

My house is in San Jose, CA and they are very strict with the code.

Chad Schloss

Reaction score

Attachments

• t.jpg
    t.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 250
Last edited:

Bluebinky

Reaction score
Here in Santa Clara (a couple blocks from SJ), they seem quite happy with a test tee that allows as much testing of the new work as practical. Also, if I wasn't sure, I'd go to the permit center and ask to talk to an inspector and simply ask what was expected. Haven't been bitten by one yet.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks