InSinkErator Evolution Septic Assist

Users who are viewing this thread

Dysrhythmic

Reaction score
Hello All,

I'm interested in the InSinkErator Evolution Septic Assist. I'm not sure if the townhouse my girlfriend is purchasing has a septic tank or not but it currently has a normal garbage disposal. Would the Septic Assist provide any added benefit if the property does not have a septic tank? If not, do you guys have any recommendations for garbage disposals. We're mainly looking for one that isn't loud. Thanks.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Ise

Without a septic tank the only thing the septic assist disposer might do is send some chemicals to the city sewage treatment system to try to help it out. Most disposers, even the lower priced ones are quiet, at first, the more you pay for one, the longer it will remain quiet.

SteveW

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Don't bother with the Septic Assist, unless you are sure she's actually on a septic tank.

The Insinkerator Evolution series in general, though, is really top of the line. I put one in my house and it is VERY quiet and has never caused a clog, since it shreds food much smaller than other disposers.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
evolution

The only thing some people have to get used to with the Evolution is the momentary lag when it is turned on while the microprocessor decides if everything is going to work properly.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks