Inserting toilet into pipe with rubber sleeve

Users who are viewing this thread

Sprinkler

Reaction score
I want to insert a new toilet into a pvc pipe by using a rubber sleeve but I think it might be a tight fit. Is there any household type lubricant, cream (or even soapy water?) I could use with the rubber sleeve to make it easier to fit? Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Please explain or post a pic of just what part of a toilet you want to insert into a rubber sleeve. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sprinkler

Reaction score
It's a horizontal wall pvc outlet pipe and I just want to insert the toilet bowl into it, but first to insert a rubber sleeve (accordion type) around the toilet outlet.

WV Hillbilly

Reaction score
I've never done what you're doing but I usually use dishwashing liquid ( such as dawn ) for lubricating rubber during assembly .

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Without more information, all anyone can do is try to guess what the heck you are trying to do. It really sounds like you are trying to hack this installation rather than using the proper parts. I would suggest that since you don't appear to have any experience or knowledge about this installation, you should hire a professional plumber to do this job so that you know it is done correctly.

SewerRatz

Illinois Licensed Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.a-archer.net
If you are installing a wall hung water closet, I would call a plumber and have them do it. I seen to many wall hung units break off the anchor system and shatter from improper installations. To many people assume the wall supports the water closet, it does not. The carrier bolts do all the holding and supporting. The back up nuts and washers need to be properly set, the carrier nipple needs to be set properly as well.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks