inline water filter...help needed!

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by Jwaldmann224, Apr 22, 2013.

1. Jwaldmann224

Jwaldmann224 New Member

Hi,

I wanted to install an inline water filter to my refrigerator. I purchased a ecopure inline filter. I was told to cut the line that runs behind the fridge and then attach the filter. What I cut was the hose that ran from the base of the fridge to where the actual ice cube maker is. Should I not have cut that hose? Should I have cut the hose that is coiled on the base and attached the filter there? Now what am I supposed to do? Do I replace the hose that runs from the base to the filter so that it is a solid line again and then attach the filter to the coiled hose?

I really appreciate your help.

Jonathan.
  2. cwhyu2

cwhyu2 Consultant

The filter should be connected before the solinoid valve on your fridge.In the coiled water line where practical.
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2013
  3. Jwaldmann224

Jwaldmann224 New Member

Can it not be installed on the line that goes from the base to the ice maker? I filled the tray with some water to prime the system and the tubing filled with water... so I know that the system still works.

What is the reason to add it before the solenoid valve?
  4. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

You can put it anywhere you want to. Usually the hose to the icemaker is a size and material that the filter's fittings will not seal to, and stay sealed.