inline water filter...help needed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Jwaldmann224

Reaction score
Hi,

I wanted to install an inline water filter to my refrigerator. I purchased a ecopure inline filter. I was told to cut the line that runs behind the fridge and then attach the filter. What I cut was the hose that ran from the base of the fridge to where the actual ice cube maker is. Should I not have cut that hose? Should I have cut the hose that is coiled on the base and attached the filter there? Now what am I supposed to do? Do I replace the hose that runs from the base to the filter so that it is a solid line again and then attach the filter to the coiled hose?

I really appreciate your help.

Jonathan.

Cwhyu2

Consultant
Reaction score
The filter should be connected before the solinoid valve on your fridge.In the coiled water line where practical.

Last edited:

Jwaldmann224

Reaction score
Can it not be installed on the line that goes from the base to the ice maker? I filled the tray with some water to prime the system and the tubing filled with water... so I know that the system still works.

What is the reason to add it before the solenoid valve?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
You can put it anywhere you want to. Usually the hose to the icemaker is a size and material that the filter's fittings will not seal to, and stay sealed.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks