Indoor Concrete Acid Stain Flooring

Users who are viewing this thread

Mike50

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
I am going to acid stain the concrete slab in the master bedroom this summer. Southwest Desert temps makes this a viable alternative to tile or mainstream media. I ripped up the carpet/padding last spring and I like it a lot. It feels g r e a t in spring-summer especially.

I'm interested in hearing about anyones experience with methods/products etc that work well. I will probably also do the same in the living room as well later on. I've been taking my time (years) to decide on the colour(s) primarily because one you have stained the slab-*You are stuck with it forever,* unless you carpet or paint over it-or you are very very clever.

I got interested in this about 10 years ago before products were easily available as they are now. Now of course we see that even pouring concrete kitchen counters is no longer rare. THAT is way too rich for my blood as much as I like concrete.

And of course, no two finished products are the same. Every slab is different in it's ability to accept stain.

I've seen quite a few examples in coffee shops-art galleries-showrooms of various types. I interested in talking with do-it-yourselfers primarily.
Pros want to get paid of course and I understand that.

Ideas, questions welcome.

thanks..

Mike50

Mike50

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Cookie said:
Mike, what about a terracota color?

Cookie I know what you are saying. I like the idea of
getting a dramatic variance in colour orange-red-browns all running together. It works well with duplicating natural desert/mountain hues we have here in this rural area. I think there is alot to be said for using native shades indigenous to your geographic area.

Kemiko does a teriffic job of showing what is possible.

http://www.kemiko.com/index.htm

There are issues that arise unexpectedly. One is puddling...and what effect
it leaves and how to handle that. And others.
You have to remember this IS acid.

Decorative Concrete Forum
http://www.acid-stain.com/messageboard/threadhome.asp?forum=1&selforum=Acid+Stain+Forum

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks