Indoor clean out

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by mattt19, Feb 13, 2008.

1. mattt19

mattt19 New Member

The plumber installing the plumbing for my bathroom wants to install a clean-out next to the toilet. My only problem with having the clean-out in that location is that the wall is built with 2 by 3's. The clean-out would require me to fur out that section of the wall by 2 1/2" to 3". Doing this would bump the toilet out past the wall that hides it. How useful is an inside clean-out? Do you typically install one?

Thanks,

Matt
  2. srdenny

srdenny Plumbing Contractor

You may be able to extend the clean out to the outside of the building?
  3. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

The alternative is to pull the toilet, which adds time and therefore costs, if the line gets clogged. Handy if it is there, but probably not essential.
  4. Herk

Herk Plumber

UPC requires a cleanout on every stack that penetrates the concrete.
  5. fidodie

fidodie New Member

the toilet is the cleanout - no need for an extra one.
    i asked the inspector the same question -